Thursday, August 7, 2008

Prepare and Ye Shall Not Fear...

This is a litte outdated, but I wanted to record the efforts made on starting our food storage. I started collecting rice, wheat, and beans for a number of months, as you can see from the following pictures. They became mountainous! So, what did I do with all that rice, wheat, and beans? Scroll down and you'll see:



(Don't mind Cade in this picture, not sure what he's doing:) But his belly is adorable, I think.)
I borrowed the sealer from the church cannery and pouch sealed hundred's af pounds of life supporting dry foods:) It was actually very satisfying and quite the simple job.

It did take me several days to complete the task, but I did get it done!





This is what my hallway looked like for a week, until we secured a place to store it all. I have had strong feelings for a while that I needed to work on my food storage (I had NONE), so I took that feeling seriously. I'm still working on it, and am now collecting other items and will probably repeat this adventure in a few of months. Happy Preparing:)

3 comments:

rachwheel said...

Awesome Cami! Good for you. I have also felt such an urgency in the past two years to get things together.
We're between houses right now and different parts of the country, but we ordered freeze-dried meals about a year ago that have a twenty-five year shelf life. I still have much to organize as far as changes of clothes and other personalized emergency items, but I figure at least we have our 72 hour kits as we travel. It's so important to know that our family's will be safe and taken care of.

Lindsay said...

Wow, Cami, that is impressive! Way to go!!! -Lindsay K

Amy F said...

Inspiring. I love that you are following through on your strong feelings. I can't wait until you get to move it all!!