Monday, August 4, 2008

I've been tagged (thanks Geneva):)

Joys:

1. Eternal Perspective
2. the U.S. of A.- I LOVE patriotism!
3. Watching my children laugh together

Fears:

1. Earthquakes (only since I've lived here in LV--I guess I've never lived in an earthquake area or close to one since I was a little girl)
2. The inability to pay back student loans (isn't likely, but definitely something I worry about)
3. Dealing with death of a loved one

Goals:

1. To teach my children proper principles and Independence- I want them to understand and be ready for life.
2. Cook anything, but especially naturally nutritious foods
3. Write a book--possibly about my life and family's experiences--it would be a page turner!
4. Gain an advanced degree- some day I WILL have a MS or Doctoral degree! Education is something I thirst.

Obsessions:

1. Organization-- I love to have everything organized, down to each receipt (yes, I keep and file all my receipts--this may also make me a pack rat)
2. Diagnosing my children's illnesses/sicknesses-- I want to know what is wrong with my child when sick, no matter what the dr. says--I feel like I can research and find the correct diagnosis (my faith in Pediatricians depletes every year-- not b/c they don't know anything, but b/c many don't take the time to make correct diagnosis). I usually feel satisfied with my own research and home treatment, THEN I'll take my child to the dr. if necessary and voice my opinion. I'm sure they LOVE me!
3. Fiddling-- I'm always fiddling with something. I comb my fingers through my hair, pick my nails, etc . It is showing how much I do this-- whenever Cade plays like he is talking on the phone-he scratches his head (just like I do!).

Facts about self:

1. I secretly have a passion for buying "things"-- it is just very satisfying at times--but isn't often something i can actually allow myself to do:) Don't tell Shane, I'll deny it!
2. I once had my head stuck in the fence around Buckingham palace while watching the "changing of guards"--fyi, if you ever make it to Buckingham Palace in London, don't watch so close, the fence posts are really quite narrowly spaced! Oh man, I really thought I would make the papers, but fortunately, after some coaxing and calming, my blood pressure decreased enough to shrink my head and pull it out:)
3. I always thought i would make a good ballet dancer-- anyone who knows me would laugh at that statement, and yes, it is true that I'm not very graceful or poised...but it is definitely something I enjoy in the privacy of my home (my children are probably the only one's I have actually shared my "skills" with:).

4 comments:

Crouch6 said...

See, I told you that you were organized! Thanks for the tip on the auto repairs. We've been taking it to one on Eastern but I will definitely take it there next time. I love knowing that honest people work at a car repair shop!

Geneva said...

I think it's hilarious that Cade scrathces his head when he's on the phone. Kids pick up on the darndest things :)

rachwheel said...

Hey Cami,
I am the same as you when it comes to Dr's, and wanting to make naturally nutritious meals, loving to have everything organized, and many other things.
I thought we were alike.

Brianna and Family said...

#'s 1 & 2 on your obsessions match me as well as other things on your list. I love these blog posts.

-Brianna