Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Washer Crud

I honestly have to say, I am very proud of this accomplishment. My washer has been semi-stinking for several months now...and I've done everything from washing with bleach, vinegar, lemon juice, etc. SEVERAL times, to no avail. Fortunately, I have a little bit of appliance savvy (thanks to u-tube and various Internet sites), and was able to take my washer apart and found the culprit of the stank!

NASTINESS in the outer plastic barrel....ewwww (TMI, I know):

So, I did what any frugal fanny would do, covered my nasal passages to save my lungs from the hazardous fumes and particles, grabbed an old toothbrush and started scrubbin.And, wha-la! That was all the way around the washer. Can you see the stark contrast????!!!Now, no more stink! And I saved myself a service call and a few dollars, and got a pretty good work out, if I do say so.

If anyone is interested in learning the HOW of this process, let me know- I'd be happy to share:).

5 comments:

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Wow - I am super impressed. You're such a go getter!!! I've never seen a washer with so much build up on the outside. Great job.

Hart Family said...

I was thinking mine is starting to smell funny too...maybe it's time to get down to the nitty gritty...I'm not sure I'm as brave as you though.

Becca said...

Wow! You are super mom for sure!! Way to go getting that taken care of! Next time I need to fix something I'm calling you!! :)

Ali said...

that is so disgusting. these are future things i do not look forward to.

Lindsay said...

Wow, good work! That is so gross!