Saturday, May 9, 2009

Wedding Cake Trial #1

Ok, my sister is getting married in June and asked me to do the wedding cake. I had to do a trial run...this is it. It isn't perfect, but I thought it turned out pretty good. Anybody want some?? Shane doesn't even like cake, so we are seriously going to have some major leftovers! It's all homemade too b/c I didn't have any cake mixes on hand:)
If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Proportion wise, I'm not sure if it needs to be a little taller on the bottom layer or not? The ribbon and flowers are just what I had on hand- they'll be different- yellow ribbon and probably roses for the flowers.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love it!! I like simple cakes and this one is perfect. I can't believe you made a whole cake from scratch...I'm impressed. Wish I was around to eat it.

Lindsay said...

Cami!!!! WOW!!! I never knew you had it in you. LOL. It looks fantastic!

Amy F said...

A woman of so many talents. I'm so impressed! Good for you... and a personal gift to your sister. sweet.

Ripley Family said...

Cami-
Is this where you guys went today when you went to utah? Your sisters wedding? If it is...tell her Congrats and p.s. the cake is AMAZING!!!! I love your camping video as well. Zach is so jealous and wants to go learn how to fade/edit them like you did. And oh yea...I'll have that soccer stuff for Brinly when you get back...just txy/call me when you get back in town. Good luck with baby #3.

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

The cake looks great. I can't wait to see your final product! You are getting so close to having your baby too. We gave birth at St. Rose Siena this time. Where are you planning on going?