Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Dad is the Coolest...seriously.

My Dad 1988 ready to complete mission.


So, my father is a retired AF pilot. He flew several different aircraft during his career- including the U2 spyplane, aka the Lady Dragon (b/c it was so difficult to fly & land). While completinga 3 yr assignment in England, I remember one afternoon walking home from school with my Dad and attempting to explain my utter amazment that he was actually getting PAID to fly airplanes! I just thought, how cool that was b/c it must be so exciting and down right fun to fly a plane- and getting paid for it was just this wonderful bonus to the experience:)
Anyway, he would come home with different parts of his flight suit- his helmet and gloves are what I remember specifically (and one other item that was a mystery to us at the time- my dear sisters would remember that, ha!).
This video was recently discovered of a real U2 flight. It reafirmed my "My Dad is the coolest" mentality! You have GOT to watch it. The only difference is usually there is only one cockpit- the one in the video must be a trainer plane. Seriously, watch it-here is:

4 comments:

Hart Family said...

Oh my goodness Cam, I totally forgot about that rubber thingy majig! You got me laughin. Gotta love being an all girl family :)

Crouch6 said...

very cool!!

Hart Family said...

I had to copy your picture, sorry, now we have almost the same exact post :)

Ali said...

HAHAHA you guys. We watched this video the other night and I totally told everyone there about the mysterious rubber thingy too!!! HAha we are all the same....I got STRAIGHT back into the dad is so flipping awesome my hero thinking. our family rocks.